When it comes to commercial parking lots, nothing lasts forever. With freeze and thaw cycles, scorching summer weather, rain and snow loads, parking lots can come to look like no man’s land. After a rainstorm you can see ponding of water, when it’s dry you can see cracks and potholes, and it can even change the drainage of the lot. If you’re seeing any of these signs, then you need to contact Manchester NH asphalt paving and sealcoating companies. Renovating your parking lot may just be a matter of filling in and paving over, or your entire lot may need to be regraded if drainage problems are an issue.
When You Have Problems
Here are some signs that you need to consider calling in paving and sealcoating companies to renovate your old parking lot.
- Cracking where the parking lot meets the roadway is a sign that your parking lot does not have curbing to transition from the roadway to the parking lot.
- Dips in the pavement are a sign of drainage issues underneath the parking lot. These can be caused by broken drain lines or drainage issues from an adjoining lot.
- Ponding is a sign of a grading and leveling issue either from the time the lot was installed, or one that has developed over time.
- Alligator cracking is a sign that the base underlying the asphalt is unstable and shifting as traffic drives over and water intrudes.
- Fading. As the oils in asphalt evaporate, the parking lot will take on a whitish gray appearance. This appearance also means that the asphalt is losing flexibility and will begin cracking.
Winter is Always Coming
Harsh winter weather and generous rainfall in Manchester NH is a fact of life, and whether in all seasons can damage older asphalt parking lots. Protect your investment and your business by renovating and sealcoating your asphalt parking lot.