Metal roofs among the housing industry have been around for years. However, the way metal roofs are used today has come a long way since the early 1950s and ’60s. Metal Roofing in Rochester MN used to be dull, metallic coverings that were mostly used in large commercial and industrial buildings, such as factories and warehouses. Today, however, metal roofs offer a great deal of functionality as well as style and benefits, that homeowners are beginning to use them for their home’s roofing.
Benefits of Metal Roofing
While some of the benefits may seem obvious, there are many unique benefits metal roofing has to offer.
- Longevity. Metal roofs are known to last around 40-70 years, depending on the type of material used. That is an additional 20-50 years compared to traditional asphalt roofing.
- Durability. Metal roofing is highly resistant to wind. Even hurricane-force winds will not damage the roof through impact. However, it is important to inspect the roof often in order to ensure there aren’t any cracks or corrosion.
- Safety. Contrary to belief, metal roofing is actually quite safe in lightning and thunderstorms. They also will not ignite in the event of a wildfire.
- Cost-effective and environmentally friendly. Metal Roofing in Rochester MN reflects solar radiant heat which reduces cooling costs. They also have recycled content in them which makes them 100% recyclable at the end of its lifespan.
Choosing a Roofing Contractor
A roofing contractor is important when installing a metal roof. Contractors are individuals who have been licensed with the state and who specialize in roofing. They may also work for a roofing company which typically will offer some sort of roofing warranty with their work. There are many things to take into consideration when choosing which contractor is best for your home. Listed below are a few tips to make the process easier.
- Verify they are properly licensed and have all the proper credentials to operate; including any permits required.
- Be sure to get a written contract explaining the process of the install, the date started, as well as the date for completion and the total amount due.
- Ask for references from friends, family, and past customers to ensure quality work.
Roofing can feel like a large expense, however, Steve Gentry Construction understands the importance of a good quality roof. Contact them today for all of your roofing needs.
You can also visit them on Facebook.