Pin It

Don’t Ignore The Costs Of Repairing Mold Damage

Water damage is the main cause of mold growth in homes and is usually caused by floods or plumbing leaks. If a home is damaged due to water leaks, the homeowner must clean and repair the leak within 24-48 hours to prevent Mold Damage. Mold can be easily seen or can grow in hidden places, such as under wallpaper. A musty odor is also a sign of mold growth indoors. If a person can see or smell mold inside their home, he or she may have a mold problem that must be addressed.

Mold spores are one way to find mold fungi. Outdoor mold spores will travel inside your home in clothes or on shoes or when a door or window is opened. If water or moisture damage occurs, mold begins to grow. High humidity can also cause mold growth indoors. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, if the mold is in a localized area, and a small stain is on the ceiling, it is usually caused by water damage. Mold growing on an entire wall is often caused by high humidity.

Mold Damage can lead to the breakdown of the structure of a house; interior painting will be ruined, and it can make a home stink with a foul odor. Many people become sick after being exposed to mold. People with respiratory diseases such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease are at increased risk of wheezing, nasal congestion, skin rashes and difficulty breathing after exposure to mold in their homes. Those with immune-mediated diseases may develop severe fungal infections in their lungs after mold exposure. Mold spores can cause adverse health effects when they are alive or dead.

If a person has a relatively small mold resulting from water damage, he or she can clean the mold themselves. The EPA recommends that homeowners seek advice from a specialist in mold removal if the area exceeds 10 square feet or if they suffer from respiratory diseases. People with mold allergies or asthma should not attempt to remove the mold themselves or be present in the home during removal. To protect themselves from exposure to mold during the cleaning process, put on a mask, goggles, gloves and long sleeves and open a window for ventilation. Rub the affected area with a cleaning solution and rinse the area. Dry the area thoroughly using a dehumidifier or a fan. Contact Black Label Restoration to learn more. You can also like them on Facebook!

Leave a Comment